The Diamondbacks travel to St. Louis to start a critical ten-game road trip. They’ll play the Cardinals in a four-game series starting today to kick off the most difficult stretch of their season. The D-backs are 8-12 so far in the month of July but, with a sweep, could end the month with a .500 record.
The Cardinals are slightly over .500 for the month with a 12-10 record. They just came off a series sweep over the Rockies too. Let’s see, they sweep the Rockies, and then the D-backs sweep them? Sounds pretty good to me.
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Thursday, July 27 at 4:15 pm MT on FS-AZ, 620 AM
- Friday, July 28 at 5:15 pm MT on FS-AZ, 620 AM
- Saturday, July 29 at 4:15 MT on FS-AZ, 98.7 FM
- Sunday, July 30 at 11:15 am MT on FS-AZ, 98.7 FM
What To Watch For
- The Cardinals will throw all right-handed pitchers against the D-backs in this series. Can Torey Lovullo resist the urge to play matchups in this series and just go with Pollock, Lamb, Goldy and Martinez in the heart of the order for all four games? I think if he does, the D-backs will have a very good shot at winning this series, and perhaps getting a sweep.
- The D-backs have favorable pitching matchups in every game of this series. Of course, that’s on paper and we all know what that really means. Nothing. Can the D-backs starters go deep in the games during this series?
- The D-backs bullpen has had major issues lately. They boost a 4.72 ERA in the month of July. That’s 25th in the league. Even if the starters go deep in these games, it won’t matter if the D-backs bullpen doesn’t pitch better.