Diamondbacks @ Reds – Series Preview (July 18-20): TV and Game Info, Pitching Matchups, Insights
If there was a team you had to pick to “get-right” against, the Cincinnati Reds would certainly be in the conversation. That’s a good thing too considering the Diamondbacks sure could use a get-right series. We could pick apart why the D-backs have been struggling — and we will in subsequent posts, I promise — but this series is all about focusing on the here and now for the Diamondbacks.
Since the All-Star break neither the Reds or the D-backs have won a game. Dubbed “The Launching Pad,” Cincinnati’s Great American Ballpark has seen a major league-leading 152 home runs hit so far this season. That’s good for 3.23 homers per game. Like I said, good place for a get-right series
Game Time and Broadcast Info
- Tuesday, July 18 at 4:10 MST on FS-AZ
- Wednesday, July 19 at 4:10 MST on FS-AZ
- Thursday, July 20 at 9:35 am MST on FS-AZ
What To Watch For
- Robbie Ray hasn’t pitched since July 6 against the Dodgers. In that game he was stellar, giving up only one run while striking out a season high 13 batters. Ray has been having a breakout season and, with the extended rest, he should be able to have a strong outing, even in an offense-friendly ballpark like Great American.
- The Diamondbacks are 6th in the major leagues with a .277 batting average with runner’s in scoring position. In their last series, against the Braves, the D-backs went 7-for-29 for a .241 average. Expect to see the Diamondbacks hit better in this series with runners in scoring position.
- The Reds pitching staff ranks dead last in Major League Baseball with a 5.22 ERA. Their 5.31 FIP only adds to the case that the Diamondbacks should rake in this series.